Hamilton Southeastern Schools values the health and safety of all our staff and students; therefore, a full-time registered nurse is available at each school building. The role of the school nurse is to care for students who have been injured or become ill during the school day as well as to facilitate care of students with acute or chronic health conditions.
The School Nurse is responsible for:
- Administration of medications
- Management of medical conditions that occur during the school day including, but not limited to asthma, severe allergies, diabetes, and seizures
- Assessment, care and treatment of minor illnesses and injury that may occur during the school day
- Health Counseling
- Prevention and Control of communicable diseases
- Monitoring immunizations for each student as required by the State of Indiana
- Health screening for students including vision
If you have questions that are not included on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, please contact your building nurse for assistance.
A Health Card and Consent to Treat form should be completed each year for each student. This is important to allow us to care for your student but allows us to use over-the-counter medications to treat minor illness. These can be completed by signing into your parent Skyward account and clicking on "Back to School Forms". All online forms must be filled out and click "Complete Back to School Forms" to process the health card for the nurse to see and follow.