Substitute Teacher Information
Thank you for your interest in being a substitute teacher for Hamilton Southeastern Schools!
Below are the different categories of substitute teachers:
- Full-time district employees who are assigned to a home school but may be moved to sub at different schools within the district if necessary
- Work every day school is in session
- Paid $100 per day plus year round benefits
- Part-time employees who sub on an as-desired basis
- Paid $90 per day ($45 per half-day) if subbing for a teacher
- Paid $110 per day ($55 per half-day) if subbing for a teacher, and you:
- Are a retired or former teacher, and
- Have 10 years of creditable service, and
- Are vested with TRET
- Paid $80 per day ($40 per half-day) if subbing for an instructional assistant (all regular subs, including retired or former teachers)
- Perm substitues will earn $100 per day ($50 per half-day)
You must have 30 hours of credit from an accredited U.S. university or college (or the equivalent from an international institution) or pass the ParaPro Assessment (with a score of 460 or above) to be a substitute teacher with HSE Schools. If this applies to you, here is how to get started!
If you are not a current HSE employee, submit and pay for a SafeHiring Solutions EXTENSIVE background check. If you have completed a background check for volunteering in our schools, this is not sufficient for employment. If you do not submit a SafeHiring Solutions EXTENSIVE background check because you are a current HSE employee, please e-mail Diane Howell at email@example.com after submitting your application, or we will not know you have applied.
The Indiana Department of Child Services check is a part of this background check. After you complete the information through SafeHiring Solutions, you will receive two e-mails from KidTraks@dcs.in.gov within a few days. One e-mail will contain a password to log in, and the other will contain the link to log in using that password. It is very important that you complete this process as soon as possible. If you did not see the e-mails, please check your junk or spam e-mails
Please click the link to begin the employment background check process: SafeHiring Solutions Background Check
Next, click on the link to submit your online application on AppliTrack
. Select External Applicants
or Internal Applicants
, depending on which applies to you.
You will find the options of Permanent Substitute Teacher
and Substitute Teacher
under the Position Desired
tab of the application. E-mail addresses are REQUIRED on references on the application.
After this is completed, we will e-mail employment forms to you, instruct you on how to obtain an Indiana sub permit if you do not have a current Indiana teaching license or sub permit, and invite you to a Sub Orientation Meeting so that you can start to sub for HSE Schools! (This meeting is a condition of future employment and therefore is unpaid.)
Please contact Diane Howell, District Substitute Coordinator, at 317-570-3343, or firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions!