Freshmen Choice Information
2022-2023 Freshman Choice Transfer Application Announcement
Hamilton Southeastern Schools will offer high school selection to all current resident eighth graders for the 2022—2023 school year. Parents of eighth grade students who wish to attend a high school other than the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries may request a transfer by completing the Freshman Choice Transfer Application. The application window is now closed.
You do not need to complete an application if you want your student to remain at the high school that they are designated to attend next fall based on your current address. Please review the FAQ’s below!
To view the current high school boundaries, please visit the “My School Location” link: https://www.myschoollocation.com/hamiltonsoutheasternsd/
THE FRESHMAN CHOICE APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED BY DECEMBER 10, 2021. NOTIFICATION WILL OCCUR VIA EMAIL ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 17, 2021.
If you need assistance completing the form, are unable to access the online form, or have any other questions about this process, please contact Julie Hays at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO COMPLETE THE FORM: https://forms.office.com/r/QcEJbgv8vx
Frequently Asked Questions:
Older Siblings Already Attend Non-Home High School
I already have children attending a non-home high school. Do I need to complete this form for my current 8th grader?
- Yes, all 8th
grade students must have a Freshman Choice Transfer Application submitted by the deadline in order to attend a non-home high school.
If my current 8th grade student elects to attend a non-home high school, will my younger children be able to attend that school as well?
- Younger siblings will not automatically be able to attend a non-home high school (there is no “grandfathering”). When the siblings are in 8th
grade, if the Freshman Choice Transfer is not an option, then you may complete the general transfer appeal request.
My student is interested in the IB program, do I need to complete the Freshman Choice Transfer Application?
- A virtual meeting with the IB Coordinator (email@example.com
), the student, and the parent must take place by December 10, 2021 in order to discuss IB program requirements and verify student eligibility. Please use this website to book your virtual appointment: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/FHSIBProgramme@hsek12inus.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/s/M5W1qyMJIUWeoM481CDj8w2
If your student is approved for the IB program following this meeting, it is not necessary to complete the Freshman Choice Transfer application. If you student does not receive official approval for the IB program, but you want your student to attend Fishers High School and it is not the student’s home school, you must complete the Freshman Choice Transfer Application by December 17, 2021.
Is bus transportation provided for students who elect to attend a non-home high school?
- Transportation will continue to be an option in 2022-2023. A combination of the shuttle and direct bussing will be utilized. Details will be available later when bus routes are finalized for the school year.
Important: when/if the shuttle system is utilized, students will need to leave (be excused from) their 7th period class 10-15 minutes early (prior to the dismissal bell). It will be the students’ responsibility to make alternate transportation arrangements as needed.
My Student Receives Special Services
My student receives special services and/or accommodations. Will my student be able to transfer to a non-home high school?
- Please complete the Freshman Choice Transfer Application and your student’s needs will be reviewed to ensure the transfer can be accommodated.
This is not a “Lottery”
Is it advantageous to complete multiple forms or to submit the Freshman Choice Transfer Application earlier than the December 10, 2021 deadline?
- Only one application per student needs to be submitted and all applications received by the December 10, 2021 deadline will be given equal consideration.
How Will I know if my Application Was Received and Approved?
After I complete the online application, how will I know it has been received and approved?
- The Freshman Transfer Application is a Microsoft Form. When you answer the final question, a pop-up message will indicate your application has been submitted. Notification of approval will occur on or before December 17, 2021 via email from Julie Hays. If you do not receive notification by 6:00 pm on December 17, 2021, please contact Julie Hays via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Home School
What if I change my mind after submitting the Freshman Choice Transfer Application and would like my student to attend his/her home school?
- Please contact Julie Hays via email at email@example.com
to request a return to your student’s home school.
Missed the Deadline
What if I change my mind after the deadline of December 10, 2021 and did not submit the Freshman Choice Transfer Application?
- You will need to complete and submit the general transfer appeal form for review by the Transfer Appeal Committee and approval is not guaranteed.
Currently Live Outside the HSE District Boundaries
I live in a neighboring school district outside of HSE boundaries. Is my 8th grader eligible to attend Fishers High School or HSE High School if I complete the form?
- No, you must reside inside the HSE Schools boundaries in order to enroll your student in HSE Schools. If you will be moving into HSE Schools boundaries prior to the 2022-23 school year, you may complete the form, but enrollment will not be finalized without proper residency documentation.
HSE School Employees
As an employee of Hamilton Southeastern Schools, do I need to complete the Freshman Choice Transfer Application for my 8th grader?
- Yes, employees should complete the Freshman Choice Transfer Application for current 8th
grade students. Please indicate you are an employee in the appropriate place in the application.