Text Resizing

Residency Requirements 

HSE Schools is a closed district and may only enroll students who reside within the HSE Schools geographic boundaries or who provide documentation (i.e. signed lease agreement or purchase agreement) of an upcoming move into the boundaries. [Policy J03.02]

Student assignment to a school is determined by attendance boundaries established by HSE Schools. Students are expected to attend the school assigned to the home address where the students and parents/guardians reside. Students are eligible for school bus transportation to and from their assigned home school.

Transfer Appeal Process

Transfers to a non-home school may be requested for the reasons listed below. Decisions related to transfer requests are based on student eligibility (considerations include but are not limited to academics, behavior, and attendance), building enrollment numbers, and grade-level space availability within each school. The building Principals from all schools impacted by the transfer appeal will be consulted.
Transfer Eligibility
  1. New students whose families will be relocating to an address within HSE Schools’ boundaries from another school district—residency documentation such as a signed lease agreement or signed purchase contract must be provided
  2. Current students whose families relocate within HSE Schools’ boundaries into a different school attendance boundary
  3. Current students whose families will be moving out of HSE Schools’ boundaries to a different school corporation’s district during a school year may complete the current semester at HSE Schools
  4. Siblings of current students who are receiving services at a designated school
  5. Children of HSE Schools employees—student’s parent is a current employee of the corporation and has an annual salary of at least $8,000 [Policy J03.02]
  6. Current students, in good-standing (considerations include but are not limited to academics, behavior, and attendance), whose families request to have their students attend a school that is not the school assigned to the students’ address, due to another reason not listed above
Senior Rights
A student completing the 11th grade as a resident of HSE Schools may remain enrolled in HSE Schools for their senior year even if the student no longer has legal settlement within the HSE Schools boundaries. [Policy J03.02]
  • Completion of the transfer appeal form does not guarantee approval of the transfer request.
  • Transfer approvals are valid for one school year at a time; a new transfer appeal must be submitted annually.
  • Transfer approvals are contingent upon completion of the online enrollment process and review by HSE Schools.
  • The transfer appeal determination will be provided via email within 10 school days if the request is for the current school year; if the request is for the upcoming school year, the determination will be provided prior to the beginning of the school year, or as soon as reasonably possible.
  • HSE Schools transportation is not provided for students receiving a transfer approval.
  • Transfer approval does not guarantee athletic eligibility as determined by the IHSAA.
  • Documented patterns of disciplinary referrals, truancy, late arrivals, leaving early, and/or consistent failure to drop off and pick up students on time, may result in denial of a transfer appeal or revocation of a transfer approval.
Complete the online Transfer Appeal Form by following this link: https://forms.office.com/r/ag7yjXmsZbPlease contact Julie Hays at jhays@hse.k12.in.us with questions or to request the form in a language other than English.

If your student is not currently enrolled, please visit the enrollment page:

​View Enrollment Steps

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I transfer if I live outside of the district?

Hamilton Southeastern Schools is a closed district so non-residents are not eligible for enrollment unless you are definitely moving into the district (must submit a copy of signed purchase agreement or lease agreement with enrollment). 

Am I allowed to transfer to another school within the district?
If you are currently in the HSE district and want to transfer to another school, you must complete a Transfer Appeal

My student completed their junior year of high school, but will be moving. Can they finish their last year at HSE?
Yes. Students who have completed their junior year at Fishers High School or Hamilton Southeastern High School may complete their senior year regardless of their residency. Students must provide their own transportation. If moving outside of the district, you must file a Transfer Appeal as listed above.

Hamilton Southeastern Schools

  • Central Office
  • 13485 Cumberland Road, Fishers, IN 46038
  • Office Hours: M - F 7:30am - 4:30pm 
  • (317) 594-4100  (800) 905-6665

  • To send a general inquiry email to the District Administration Office, click here

Our Mission

Hamilton Southeastern Schools, as a forward-thinking school district, provides excellence in education and opportunities to ensure the success of each and every student, to become a responsible citizen and to positively influence an ever-changing world community.

Non-Discrimination & Non-Harassment Statement, ADA & Title IX, VI, VII Compliance Information