All HSE Schools will be mask optional for students and staff.
School nurses will continue to track positive cases utilizing the HSE Schools COVID-19 Data Dashboard and monitor for potential outbreaks. Should the percentage of positive COVID cases begin to rise in a particular building, we will work with health officials to determine next steps.
Masks are optional for individuals riding the school bus.
- Buses will be disinfected following the afternoon routes every day.
- High-touch areas in the bus will be cleaned as needed throughout the day.
Study Trips are permissible through the study trip approval process. Students and staff must follow transportation protocols outlined in the Return to Instruction Plan.
HAND WASHING / SANITIZING
- Students will wash their hands prior to breakfast and lunch.
- Classroom cohorts (K-4) will stay together in addition to assigned seating areas.
- Barcode/ID scanning system and touch keypads will be used at all grade levels.
- All cafeteria tables and serving lines will be cleaned between lunch periods.
It is the expectation students will practice hand washing or sanitizing when entering/exiting the building, prior to meals and whenever using the restroom.
Custodial crews will clean and disinfect “high touch” points in common areas as needed, which include but are not limited to:
SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS AND GUESTS
- Desks, chairs, tables
- Door handles, push plates
- Stair rails
- Water fountains
- Masks are optional for anyone visiting a school building/facility.
- Classroom volunteers will be permitted in all buildings pursuant to Board Policy K07.00.