The Department of School and Community Relations provides Hamilton Southeastern Schools with expertise in strategic communications, media relations, social media, crisis communication, communications planning, and content creation. It is the goal of the department to ensure families, staff, community members and the media receive accurate and timely information.
Stories of success happen in our school every day, and the Office of School and Community Relations needs your help to spread the word and celebrate the achievements of our students, teachers, and staff to the Fishers community.
Have good news to share? Email us!
The kinds of school stories and events we cover:
When determining news coverage, we seek out interesting or unique stories that would appeal to the broader Fishers community, such as:
- Events or activities that highlight your school's academic excellence
- Activities that show a diversity of education and excellence (authentic learning, STEM, outdoor learning, etc.)
- Individual student, teacher or staff member achievements
- Profiles of teachers, principals and other staff members
- School/ Student fundraising achievements for third-party nonprofit causes
- Annual school traditions
- District, state, regional and national level competitions and championships
- Multiple schools collaborating within HSE on a project or activity
Depending on the story or event, we may provide coverage via social media, a written article, photo coverage and/or video coverage. Thank you for helping us share the good news about HSE Schools.
Media wanting to visit Hamilton Southeastern Schools or speak to an employee, should first contact:
Emily Pace Abbotts
Director of School and Community Relations