Text Resizing

How Can We Help You?

Do you have questions, concerns or feedback regarding your child, your child's school or the HSE School District? HSE Schools is committed to building healthy partnerships between students, parents and community members to better support the well-being of students academically, socially and emotionally. Creating environments that foster mutually respectful and engaging communication is a priority for Hamilton Southeastern.    

We have also compiled a list of helpful FAQs by department located at the bottom of this page.  

When you have a concern, inquiry or suggestion -- follow these steps:




Classroom-related Issue

Please contact your child's teacher or counselor.

Have a classroom or student-specific concern, inquiry or suggestion regarding instruction, discipline, behavior, etc? Many questions and concerns can be resolved in the classroom with your teacher. You may contact your child's teacher by phone or email using our district directory.

If not resolved

Please contact the school principal or assistant principal at your school.
If not resolved

Please contact the district office at 317-594-4100 or by email.


School-related Issue

Please contact the school's main office.

Have a building concern, inquiry or suggestion regarding the facility, food services, transportation, athletics, etc? Please contact the school principal, assistant principal, Dean of Students or Athletic Director at your school using our district directory.

If not resolved

Please contact the administrator that oversees the appropriate department at district office. If you're unsure who that is, please call 317-594-4100 or email.


District-related Issue

Please contact the district office.

Call 317-594-4100 or email. You may also use our district directory to email an administrator or Superintendent.

If not resolved

Hamilton Southeastern is overseen by seven elected officials. The Board of School Trustees welcomes and encourages parents, students and community involvement in all matters regarding HSE Schools. You may send an email to the Board President with concerns. Please note, a response by the Board may not be possible, but all communication is read and may be forwarded to the appropriate personnel to resolve your issue. More information about our current Board of School Trustees is located here.

Frequently Asked Questions By Department

Business Office
How can I verify HSE School employment? 
Contact our Payroll Department at 317-594-4100 or by email

How can I rent a school building to hold our annual meeting?  
Visit our Facilities web page for more information. You may also contact Kyleigh Fisher at 317-594-4100 or by email. 

Whom do I call if I have questions about a bill I received about text books?
Reach out to your building treasurer. If you need to escalate an issue to administration, please contact Melissa Callahan at 317-594-4100 or by email.

I have some questions about my 403B. Whom should I call?
Contact Melissa Callahan at 317-594-4100 or by email. 

Exceptional Learners
I have questions about my child's IEP, who is the best person to talk to?
You'll want to check in with your school's counselor first. If you have additional concerns or questions, contact Shelly Allman at 317-594-4100 or by email.

If I suspect that my child has a disability, what should I do?
Check out our Exceptional Learners page. If you need additional help contact your building counselor. If you have additional questions or concerns, contact Shelly Allman at 317-594-4100 or by email

Food Services
I had a question about the Free and Reduced lunch program. Whom can I speak with to see if I qualify?
Visit our Food Services page for more information. In addition, you may contact Lynn Book in Food Services at 317-594-4100 or by email

My child is graduating and still has a lunch balance on their account.  How can I get that money refunded to me?
Fill out a refund request here: Food Services page. If you have additional questions, feel free to call our Food Services group at 317-594-4100 or by email

Health Services
Is there someone I could talk to about vaccination requirements for school?  
Reach out to your child's school nurse. If you need to escalate an issue, you may reach out to our Director of Health Services, Amy Hanna at 317-594-4100 or by email

Human Resources
I would like more information about becoming a substitute. Where can I find more information?  
More information regarding substitutes can be found on the website under Human Resources. If you have additional questions, contact Diane Howell at 317-594-4100 or by email. 

School Safety
I had questions about the Parent Background Check process.  Whom should I talk to?
We use Safe Visitor as our background screening platform. You will find more information about the process here. If you have additional questions, please contact Tobi Fields at 317-594-4100 or by email.  

Student Services
I live in the HSE school district but I would rather go to a different elementary school than the one my neighborhood attends. Is there an option to do that?  
Yes, you would need to fill out a Transfer Appeal. Contact Julie Hays at 317-594-4100 or by email for more information. 

Teaching and Learning
Whom do I call to inquire about ENL Programs?
You can talk to the ENL Collaborative Teacher at your school or contact Danielle Riego at 317-594-4100 or by email

Where can I find out more information about HSE's High Ability Services?
You can visit the High Ability page for more information or contact Erin Mohr at 317-594-4100 or by email. 

Whom do I call for Mental Health Services?
If you feel your student would benefit from mental health services, reach out to your child’s school counselor to discuss options. You may also contact Brooke Lawson, Mental Health and School Counseling Coordinator at 317-594-4100 or by email

Whom could I call regarding the HSE Preschool Program?
Contact our Preschool Coordinator, Jeanne Baldwin at 317-915-4256 or by email.

Where do I enroll my child at HSE Schools?
Our enrollment is all processed online. Once you've completed your registration, feel free to reach out to your child's school to speak with the registrar.   

How will I know the bus schedule of when/where my child will ride the bus?
Bus schedules are released a few days before the first day of school. You will receive a Skylert to let you know bus schedules have been finalized. 

What if I have a concern about an issue that occurred on the bus?
Please call the transportation department at 317-594-4117 or by email

Hamilton Southeastern Schools

  • Central Office
  • 13485 Cumberland Road, Fishers, IN 46038
  • Office Hours: M - F 7:30am - 4:30pm 
  • (317) 594-4100  (800) 905-6665

  • To send a general inquiry email to the District Administration Office, click here

Our Mission

Hamilton Southeastern Schools, as a forward-thinking school district, provides excellence in education and opportunities to ensure the success of each and every student, to become a responsible citizen and to positively influence an ever-changing world community.

Non-Discrimination & Non-Harassment Statement, ADA & Title IX, VI, VII Compliance Information